READY OR NOT!
IT’S TAPER TIME!
Sunrise is 6:50am, sunset is 6:35pm and the average temperature is 5 to 7 degrees.
Trust in your training and safe travels to all those making the trek to the Shuswap. I can’t wait to host ya’ll & it’s going to be an incredible day full of memories, magic and community.
All details below are copy of email that was forwarded at the two week mark; there have been no changes or updates.
- LAST CALL TO SIGN UP FOR THE WINE TOUR!
- Friday, September 27, 2019 depart from Prestige Harbourfront Resort at 2pm, return at 6pm
- Visit three family owned and operated award winning vineyards including Larch Hills Winery
- Tour includes cheese plate with local wine, tasting fees, shuttle, swag bag, donation to The Lewiston Foundation, etc.
- All the details and registration, http://thelewistonultra.com/wine-tour/
- Bib #’s have been assigned; check out your lucky number https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=61424 (click on entrants)
RACE PACKAGE PICK UP:
- FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
- KINTEC SALMON ARM (117 Hudson Ave NE)
- SPECIAL OFFER: 15% off all in stock Saucony shoes & gift with purchase (Saucony Run Club Camp Mug!) AND stop by race package pick up & enter to WIN A PAIR OF SAUCONY PEREGRINES!
- Love for Lewiston, Shuswap Coffee Co, Xact Nutrition, Shuswap Soul will have product for sale & Columbia Shuswap Invasive Species Society (CSISS) will be sharing all the knowledge
- On Alex Ltd – 15% off on race weekend (a few steps from package pick up & incredible local products, artwork, etc)
- There is no race day package pick up, Government issued ID is required & it is totally fine to pick up for another runner with confirmation and copy of photo ID
- Drop bags are accessible at the start of Leg #3A (Cec’s Cabin)
- Drop bags must be dropped off at Race Package Pick Up (Friday, Sept 27 @ Kintec Salmon Arm 12pm – 8pm)
- Drop bags will not be accepted on race day. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Drop bags are to be no bigger than a drawstring bag & participants will receive a drawstring bag at race package pick up that can be used as a drop bag
- Consider adding a headlamp (sunset is 6:30pm), change of socks, long sleeve, fuel & nutrition (if you have specific needs)
- Consider packing your items in a large ziploc inside your drop bag as it will help keep items clean/dry
- Drop bags will be brought to the finish line & AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP AT HEADQUARTERS FOR 3PM
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE:
- Race weekend schedule is available on the website, http://thelewistonultra.com/weekend-schedule/
- All runners leaving Check In/Aid #3A (Cec’s Cabin) AT 2PM (CUT OFF TIME) ARE REQUIRED TO CARRY A HEADLAMP AND WILL BE CHECKED. Sunset is 6:30pm. If you get caught on the trails after sunset without a headlamp it is much darker in the trees, absolutely terrifying, super easy to get turned around and I can keep going…please be smart and pack your headlamp
- The course is marked with black/pink tiger striped flagging tape, arrows and course marshal signs
- The gpx/kml file is available for download on the website: http://thelewistonultra.com/the-route/
- The route has also been added to trailforks: https://www.trailforks.com/route/the-lewiston-ultra-2019/
SHARE YOUR HEART:
- Stop by race headquarters (set up at the finish line) wearing your 2018 Lewiston Ultra race tee or a Love for Lewiston branded top (LFL apparel for sale at package pick up & the finish line) and ENTER TO WIN an incredible prize pack from Impact Magazine, valued at $145. One entry per person
ALL THE TRASH:
- The Lewiston Ultra is committed to leaving the Shuswap trails & community clear & free of our footprint; bring me any dropped garbage and be entered to win a mindful prize pack from Saje Wellness (valued at $125)
- Enter to win at race headquarters (set up at the finish line). One entry per person
RACE DAY PARKING:
- Start line parking map is on the website (reminder: all vehicles must be removed from the overflow parking at Klahani by 10pm, you will be towed): http://thelewistonultra.com/racer-information/
- Parking is available at the finish line (Hyde Mtn Golf Resort) in the overflow lots
- Shuttle bus will be going back and forth from the finish line (Hyde Mtn Golf Resort) to the start line (Klahani Park) from approx 3:30-7:30pm (free to racers)
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- We speak sustainability and are a cupless event; there are no cups at Check In/Aid Stations
- Water devices should be filled and ready at the start line; there is no water fill station at the start line
- Relay runners, please do not expect to fill up at Check In/Aid Station prior to your leg
- RELAY RUNNERS; dress warm, wear layers & bring snacks to stay comfortable & energized while you wait for your runner (your runner can take your extra layers, garbage, etc when you switch off). You may be waiting at Check In/Aid for some time before your runner comes in & we want you to have all the fun!
- Hyde Mountain Golf Resort has created a special menu for race weekend (Burger Bar $6, with fries $10 (GF & vegan options avail), Sandwich $6, with soup $10 & Full bar service)
- All racers & volunteers will receive voucher for a burger (GF & vegan options avail)
- Remind your crew, family, spectators to bring a lawnchair for the finish line
RESULTS & RACE DAY PHOTOS:
- Results will be finalized and available within 24 hours (email with link will be sent to all runners)
- Professional photographs will be available within 48 hours (email with link will be sent to all runners)
RACE WEEKEND OFFERS:
- HYDE MOUNTAIN GOLF RESORT – enjoy a round of golf, with cart for $50 per person (between Thursday Sept 26 & Sunday, Sept 29) (250) 836-4653 to book tee time and mention Lewiston Ultra for special rate
- ON ALEX LTD – 15% off for race weekend (a few steps from package pick up, incredible local products, including the Shuswap Soul clothing line, https://onalex.ca/ mention Lewiston Ultra for discount
- XACT NUTRITION – use code fuelyourlewistongoals for 10% discount & 10% donated to Love for Lewiston Foundation, https://www.xactnutrition.com/
- SKRATCH ENERGY LABS – use code karal10for 10% discount on product, https://www.racedayfuel.ca/
- GORP NATURAL ENERGY BARS – use code LEWISTONULTRA15 for 15% off, https://gorpworld.com/
- ROCK ON CLAY – use code LEWULTRA for 10% off, https://www.rockonclay.com/
- RANK CLEAN ACTIVE WEAR DETERGENT – use code Lewiston2019 for 20% off, https://rankclean.com/
- APEX MASSAGE THERAPY – mention The Lewiston Ultra when booking for $20 off your next appointment, https://apexmassage.com/
- REDS RENTALS – mention The Lewiston Ultra for 5 cents off boat fuel & discount when booking SUP/boat/seadoo, etc (855)748-7929, https://www.redsrentals.ca/
- LAKE & LIFE APPAREL – use code lewiston10 for 10% off, https://lakeandlife.ca/
WAIVER (SIGNED IN REGISTRATION PROCESS):
- If you are interested in some light reading; http://thelewistonultra.com/racer-information/
- This is sent as a gentle reminder of what was acknowledged in the registration process; no action required
COLUMBIA SHUSWAP INVASIVE SPECIES SOCIETY (CSISS):
- We are incredibly honoured to partner with CSISS and prevent and manage the spread of invasive species
- Please visit https://columbiashuswapinvasives.org/
Don’t forget to check out Racer Rules & Information for list of recommendations and what to carry on race day, http://thelewistonultra.com/racer-information/
I will be going offline for race weekend beginning Friday, September 27, and will not be responding to emails until Monday, September 30.
As always, I am here for any questions.
All the love,