100 DAYS TO RACE DAY!
The count down is officially on; WE ARE 100 DAYS FROM RACE DAY!
I hope your training is coming together; commit to your goal, reward yourself, don’t sweat the small things, embrace the challenge & know an entire community is ready to cheer you through all the moments on race weekend!
Expect an email from me at 60 & 30 days out and 2 & 1 weeks out from race day. If you aren’t receiving my emails they are likely hitting your spam/junk. No worries, all correspondence will be posted on the website ANNOUNCEMENTS page, http://thelewistonultra.com/category/announcements/.
- TRAIL RUNNING 101 WITH THE LEWISTON ULTRA
- Join us Thursday, July 18 from 5:30-8:30pm at Riverside Park to celebrate run community & connect on all things trail running & The Lewiston Ultra!
- Connect with Kara Leinweber (ultra runner/trail runner, Race Director of The Lewiston Ultra & Moose Mountain Trail Races) on training, different types of terrain, mental preparation, setting goals, mindfulness, breathing techniques, biomechanics and much more.
- Since we are rolling over dinner time, nosh/snacks (including gf & vegan) will be provided. If it is raining or blistering hot, the session will be hosted at K Spin Studio (153 Seymour St)
- All the details & registration through eventbrite: https://lewistonultratrailrunning101.eventbrite.ca
- ORIENTATION RUN
- Join us Sunday August 4 @ 9am at the Larch Hills Nordic Society for the first annual LEWISTON ULTRA ORIENTATION RUN!
- We will run LEG 2 of The Lewiston Ultra course (approx 16km & 540m elevation gain). The route will be flagged and there is a sweep.
- Get comfortable/orientated, check out the marking/flagging style, meet new friends & have all the laughs!
- After the run, we will reconnect at Kintec Footwear in Salmon Arm (117 Hudson Ave NE) for swag bags, eats and community connection.
- You do not have to be registered for The Lewiston Ultra to register for the Orientation Run.
- All the details & registration through eventbrite: https://lewistonultraevents.eventbrite.ca
- THE LEWISTON ULTRA SOCIAL
- Join us Wednesday, August 21 from 7-8:30pm at Born Colorado Brewing as we celebrate run community & a HUGE announcement (stay tuned…)
- Connect with Devin Featherstone (Run Coach, Endurance/Elite Athlete, Adventurer/Mountain Dad with 3 year old Kai) & Sally Powis-Campbell (Registered Psychologist, Author & Runner) on training, crushing different types of terrain, mental preparation, mindfulness and breathing techniques.
- Meet at Born Colorado at 7pm for a breezy 5km followed by craft beer, nosh, door prizing and community connection.
- Event in partnership with Arc’teryx Calgary, Born Colorado & Saje Natural Wellness
- Registration and all the details COMING SOON!
- SPECIAL OFFERS to help you train, prepare & recharge for race weekend!
- XACT NUTRITION – use code fuelyourlewistongoals for 10% discount & 10% donated to the Lewiston Foundation at https://www.xactnutrition.com/
- SKRATCH ENERGY LABS – use code karal10 for 10% discount on electrolyte/hydration product at https://www.racedayfuel.ca/
- GORP ALL NATURAL ENERGY BARS – use code LEWISTONULTRA15 for 15% off at https://gorpworld.com/
- ROCK ON CLAY – use code LEWULTRA10 for 10% off at https://www.rockonclay.com/
- POLAR GLOBAL – exclusive 20% off to race participants; view the line up at www.polar.com & complete order form & details: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f1WcNMqe9oxbm-6bugjGW9gv-RET9pvw/view?usp=sharing
- RANK CLEAN ACTIVE WEAR DETERGENT – use code Lewiston2019 for 20% off at https://rankclean.com/
- APEX MASSAGE THERAPY – mention The Lewiston Ultra when booking for $20 off your appointment https://apexmassage.com/
- REDS RENTALS – mention The Lewiston Ultra for 5 cents off boat fuel & discount when booking boat/seadoo/paddle board rentals (855)748-7927 https://www.redsrentals.ca/
- LAKE & LIFE APPAREL – use code lewiston10 for 10& off at https://lakeandlife.ca/
- VOLUNTEER CALL OUT!
- Volunteer sign up will go live MID JULY & we need a TON of helping hands! Spread the word and direct folks to the website volunteer page for sign up, http://thelewistonultra.com/volunteer/
Please check out the Racer Rules & Information on the website, http://thelewistonultra.com/racer-information/
I believe that’s it that’s all for now!
As always, I am here for any questions.