TWO WEEKS TO RACE DAY!
HOLY CRAP – TWO WEEKS TO RACE DAY & it’s just about taper time!
You will receive another email from me ONE WEEK out from race day. It will be copy of all information below.
All correspondence will also be posted on the website ANNOUNCEMENTS page, .
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2018
NOON – 8PM
Hyde Mountain Golf Resort
9851 Old Spallumcheen Road
Sicamous, British Columbia
THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKAGE PICK UP.
RELAY RUNNERS: You will confirm which leg(s) you are running at Race Package Pick Up and your bib will be marked (Relay runners are permitted to continue running other legs of the course once their leg is completed as long as the legs are completed consecutively and declared at Race Package Pick Up.
Government issued identification is required to pick up race package.
NOTE: BIBS ARE FOR ASSIGNED RUNNER ONLY. BIBS SHOULD NOT BE PASSED ALONG TO ANOTHER RUNNER. ROGUE RUNNERS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER OUR INSURANCE POLICY & IF IDENTIFIED, THE ROGUE RUNNER & REGISTERED RUNNER WILL BE BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE LEWISTON ULTRA EVENTS.
Additional BBQ tickets can be purchased for $5 (all monies collected will be donated to community & The Lewiston Foundation). Tickets will be available at Race Package Pick Up & the Finish Line.
Check In will open @ 7am and close before the race day announcements @ 7:50am.
NOTE: Busing times are now final – please review as the times have changed since DRAFT schedule.
(click on Entrants)
Race Day Tracking (link is also on the Results page):
Drop bags MUST be dropped off at Race Package Pick Up (Friday, Sept 28 @ Hyde Mountain Golf Resort 12pm-8pm). Drop bags will not be accepted on Race Day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Participants will receive a drawstring bag at race package pick up to use as a drop bag. Drop bags are to be no bigger than a drawstring bag. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Items to consider adding to your drop bag:
- Headlamp (sunset is at 6:35pm) All runners leaving Check In/Aid #3 (Larch Hills Nordic Centre) AFTER 4PM ARE REQUIRED TO CARRY A HEADLAMP & WILL BE CHECKED. Sunset is at 6:35pm.
- Change of socks, long sleeve shirt
- Fuel & Nutrition (if you have specific wants/needs)
Consider packing your items in large ziploc bags inside your Drop Bag as it will keep items dry/clean.
DROP BAGS WILL BE BROUGHT TO THE FINISH LINE & AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP @ 4PM.
- Choice of Spolumbo’s Mild Spicy or Chicken & Sun Dried Tomato sausage (GLUTEN FREE)
- Half/Full Baked Potato
- Vegan Chili (please only take vegan chili if you are vegan or vegetarian)
- We speak sustainability and are a cupless event; there will be no cups at the Check In/Aid Stations as well as the finish line (consider carrying a collapsible cup in addition to your hydration pack/bottles in case you would like Coke, ice, etc).
- The course will be marked with PINK surveyors tape and marker flags (pin flags). Flagging will be approximately every 200 meters & will be more so at transition areas or forks. The only flagging to follow on race day is PINK; any other flagging is not ours and should not be used for reference
- Water devices should be filled & ready – please do not expect to fill up @ Aid prior to your Leg & there is no water station at the Start Line
- Relay Runners: DRESS WARM, WEAR LAYERS & BRING SNACKS to stay comfortable & energized while you wait for your runner (your runner can take your extra layers, garbage, etc when you switch off). You may be waiting at the Check In/Aid for some time before your runner comes in & we want you to have fun & cheer!
- Several sponsors & community members will be set up at the Finish Line Festivities with special treats such as a SLURPEE MACHINE!
RACER INFORMATION/RACE RULES & WAIVER (PREVIOUSLY SIGNED IN REGISTRATION PROCESS):
Call (250) 836-4653 to book your tee time & mention The Lewiston Ultra special rate when booking (space is limited).
Side note, I will be going offline for race weekend, beginning Friday, Sept 28, and will not be responding to emails until Monday, October 1.
All the love,