I hope your crushing your training goals & have found space to commit, push, motivate and focus.
Expect next communication from me at 1 & 2 weeks out from race day. As we move forward correspondence will include where to park on race day & map, busing schedule updates, package pickup details, drop bag tips & tricks, road closure information, special offers, etc. Whoa….that’s a lot of information!
All correspondence will also be posted on the website ANNOUNCEMENTS page, http://thelewistonultra.com/category/announcements/.
RACE PACKAGE PICK UP:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2018
NOON – 8PM
Hyde Mountain Golf Resort
9851 Old Spallumcheen Road
Sicamous, British Columbia
THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKAGE PICK UP.
RELAY RUNNERS: You will confirm which leg(s) you are running at Race Package Pick Up and your bib will be marked (Relay runners are permitted to continue running other legs of the course once their leg is completed as long as the legs are completed consecutively and is declared at Race Package Pick Up.
Government issued identification is required to pick up race package. It is acceptable to pick up for another registered runner with email confirmation and copy of photo ID.
NOTE: BIBS ARE FOR ASSIGNED RUNNER ONLY. BIBS SHOULD NOT BE PASSED ALONG TO ANOTHER RUNNER, AKA ROGUE RUNNERS. ROGUE RUNNERS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER OUR INSURANCE POLICY & IF IDENTIFIED, THE ROGUE RUNNER & REGISTERED RUNNER WILL BE BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE LEWISTON ULTRA EVENTS.
Additional BBQ tickets can be purchased for $5 (all monies collected will be donated to community & The Lewiston Foundation). Tickets will be available at Race Package Pick Up & the Finish Line.
DRAFT RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE:
Draft race weekend schedule, including busing schedule, is available on the website:
NOTE: Please review the bus times (pick up & estimated arrival) and your relay team potential/estimated times for each leg.
If you team is planning to be super super speedy, please reach out to me if the bus arrival time is overlapping your possible transition time.
This is draft only and will be finalized a week from race day.
Bib #’s have been assigned! Check out your lucky #:
The Results Page has been added to the website:
NOTE: Race results will be posted via link to UltraSignup & Check/In Aid Station split times will be added thru google docs. We do not have live tracking.
Drop bags are only accessible at the start of Leg 3 (Cec’s Cabin).
Drop bags MUST be dropped off at Race Package Pick Up (Friday, Sept 28 @ Hyde Mountain Golf Resort 12pm-8pm). Drop bags will not be accepted on Race Day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Participants will receive a drawstring bag at race package pick up to use as a drop bag. Drop bags are to be no bigger than a drawstring bag. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Items to consider adding to your drop bag:
- Headlamp (sunset is at 6:30pm)
- Change of socks, long sleeve shirt
- Fuel & Nutrition (if you have specific wants/needs)
Consider packing your items in large ziploc bags inside your Drop Bag as it will keep items dry/clean.
DROP BAGS WILL BE BROUGHT TO THE FINISH LINE & AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP @ 4PM.
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- We speak sustainability and are a cupless event; there will be no cups at the Check In/Aid Stations as well as the finish line (consider carrying a collapsible cup in addition to your hydration pack/bottles in case you would like Coke, ice, etc).
- There is no water fill station at the start line – please arrive on race morning and/or to each of your legs with hydration pack/bottles filled and ready to go
- The course will be marked with PINK surveyors tape and marker flags (pin flags). Flagging will be approximately every 200 meters & will be more so at transition areas or forks. The only flagging to follow on race day is PINK; any other flagging is not ours and should not be used for reference
- Temperature for the end of September is on average a high of 17o & low of 5o
- Sunrise is 6:50am & Sunset at 6:35pm (please carry headlamp after Leg 2 as precaution)
- Several sponsors & community members will be set up at the Finish Line Festivities with special treats such as a SLURPEE MACHINE!
SAFETY MOMENT: RACER INFORMATION & RACE RULES
Check out our Racer Information & Race Rules for all details on the course, wildlife, cellular reception, banned items, etc:
HYDE MOUNTAIN GOLF COURSE
THE LEWISTON ULTRA SPECIAL: enjoy a round of golf, with cart, for $50 per person (between Thursday, September 27 & Sunday, September 30
Call (250) 836-4653 to book your tee time & mention The Lewiston Ultra special rate when booking (space is limited)
Side note, I will be going offline for race weekend, beginning Friday, Sept 28, and will not be responding to emails until Monday, October 1.
All the love,
Kara Leinweber, Race Director