60 DAYS TO RACE DAY!
WE ARE 60 DAYS FROM RACE DAY!
I can’t wait to see you all crush your goals & cross the finish line in less than two months!
Expect another email from me 30 days out and 2 & 1 weeks out from race day. As we move forward correspondence will include busing information, race day schedule, parking & race course information, special offers, etc.
If you aren’t receiving my emails, they are hitting your spam/junk. No worries, all correspondence will be posted on the website ANNOUNCEMENTS page, http://thelewistonultra.com/category/announcements/.
- SAFETY MOMENT: WHAT TO CARRY ON RACE DAY
- The Lewiston Ultra does not host a mandatory gear list but there are a couple things you don’t want to be without. Check out Racers Rules & Information for list of recommendations: http://thelewistonultra.com/racer-information/
- RELAY TEAMS: ACTION ITEM
- If you entire relay team has yet to register, please email email@example.com and let me know what’s up. There are a few moving pieces happening and your team registration needs to be completed.
- COURSE REVISIONS
- The Shuswap Trail Alliance has created some delicious new single track which has been added to race day. Drum role please…the course is 56 incredibly stunning kilometers. Go ahead, you can curse me. The addition does not add elevation and the flowy track is unbelievably enjoyable and stunning. A couple kms have been added to Leg 1 & 4.
- GPX, KML, printable PDF of each leg and elevation profile is on the website.
- UNMANNED WATER STATION
- An unmanned water station will be set up on Leg 2, at approximately 20.5km [10.5km into Leg 2].
- Racers are still required to fill up a minimum of 2 litres prior to leaving Aid Station/Check In #1.
- FINISH LINE FESTIVITIES
- I am just heartbroken we are unable to have Larch Hills Winery and Barley Station Brewpub on site due to some outdated Government regulations that are in process of being updated.
- We are working with Hyde Mountain Golf course and hoping to have Larch Hills Winery join us during race package pick up for tastings, etc.
- Don’t sweat it; we will have plenty of hydration options at the finish line, including Shuswap Coffee Company & H204U
- Registered runners & volunteers will receive complimentary Finish Line BBQ ticket.
- Additional BBQ tickets can be purchased for $5 (all monies collected will be donated to community & The Lewiston Foundation). Tickets will be available at Race Package Pick Up & the Finish Line.
- VOLUNTEER CALL OUT
- The volunteer sign up sheet is LIVE and there are a couple of roles remaining
- Volunteer tees will be ordered in the next couple weeks so spread the word and direct folks to the website volunteer page, http://thelewistonultra.com/volunteer/
- The Volunteer Handbook has also been added to the Volunteer page if your interested in some ‘light’ reading
- BUSING SURVEY
- If you haven’t completed the bussing survey, PLEASE DO @ https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CMXJ26Z
- Draft busing schedule cannot be released without 90% completion
- Final busing schedule will be released a couple weeks prior to race weekend
- HYDE MOUNTAIN GOLF COURSE OFFER
- LEWISTON ULTRA SPECIAL: enjoy a round of golf, with cart, for $50 per person (between Thursday, September 27 & Sunday, September 30)
- Call (250) 836-4653 to book your tee time & mention The Lewiston Ultra special rate when booking (space is limited)
- OTHER SPECIAL OFFERS (PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED):
- XACT NUTRITION – use code fuelyourlewistongoals for discount & portion of sales donated to the Lewiston Foundation https://www.xactnutrition.com/
- SKRATCH ENERGY LABS – use code lewiston for discount on electrolyte/hydration product at https://www.racedayfuel.ca/
- REDS RENTALS – receive 5 cents off boat fuel when you mention ‘thelewistonultra’ & use same code to receive discount when booking gear @ (855) 748-7927
As always, I am here for any questions.
All the love,